Monday, October 2, 2017

Watercolor Pink Ribbon

Happy Monday to you. Kind of gloomy and rainy here today. So I thought I would work on a few encouragement cards. October is breast cancer month and I know we all know of someone who has been affected.  I don't have a ribbon stamp so I thought I might try to paint one. 
I started with a Strathmore watercolor panel and painted the ribbon, let it dry and put some Wink of Stella over it. Super hard to see the sparkle.

The heat embossed the greeting from PTI on vellum and attached it to the watercolor panel. Lastly I matted it to a brushed gold panel then a rose red A2 card base. I will enter it in the following challenges.

The Time Out #93 challenge is for breast cancer awareness.
Thanks for stopping by, Sue.

9 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful CAS design and I love that beautiful sentiment heat embossed on vellum -a stunning look! Well done with free-hand watercoloring too. Thanks for joining us at Less Is More and TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you did a superb job at the free hand painting and your embossing is so crisp. Thanks for joining Time Out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card, great sentiment! Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very beautiful CAS card for a great cause ! Good job for your watercolored ribbon ! The sentiment is beautiful too and so delicate on the Vellum ! Thanks for sharing and for playing along at Less is More !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card for this month. Love the embossed sentiment. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super use of the sketch and a great card for a worthy cause. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple and striking, Sue ... a fabulous freehand ribbon ... and a perfect gold embossed sentiment ... just lovely! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, Thank you for Joining us at Happy Little stampers and waiting to see next time.

    Hugs
    Meena HLS WC DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card and your ribbon is perfect. I really love that sentiment too.
    Thanks for sharing at Happy Little Stampers.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

Color Throwdown Guest Stamper

 Hey there! I was asked last week to be the guest stamper on the latest Color Throwdown Challenge. I was honored to accept the color challen...